Airkraft-NXT's Lego Mindstorms Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airkraft-NXTs Lego Mindstorms NXT Forum

Airkraft-NXT.comAirkraft-NXT.com  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newb in need of some tips on a uni project

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sm0ked

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-29

project - Newb in need of some tips on a uni project Empty
PostSubject: Newb in need of some tips on a uni project   project - Newb in need of some tips on a uni project EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 am

Hello. I hope this is the right place to post, sorry it's long.
I'm a total newb when it comes to robots which is causing some problems. Surprised

I'm doing a disso on robots, specifically line followers and genetic algorithms/techniques to make one work, evaluate methods, technical stuff. Gonna be using LeGOS, Eclipse. The robots I have to work with are the RCX [2 LEDs, 1 bumper sensor] and the NXT. Bumper sensor should reset the program weights to change the robot's behaviour, should it impact anything, I suppose.

So at the moment one idea is to experiment with various NXT sensors as a means to get it to follow this line. Might compare the two robots if possible, and senses. Other ideas are about how many sensors to use, how many artificial "neurons" [code weights] to use, what works well. i.e. Supposing two neurons to be a "simple solution", would 1 work, is 3 better, etc. Thick line to follow, thin line, shapes, etc. :-\

I'm supposed to look into feedback capabilities, such as IR or speech recognition software also. At the moment these don't seem possible or feasible.

I'm on a strict time limit, so I suppose I'm posting here seeking some thoughts, improvements or ideas on the subject. Perhaps some experiences from enthusiasts. It'd be such a great help. I'm still struggling to make it sound interesting!

Hopefully all that makes sense, I'm new at this.

p.s. Asking for opinions is counted as research. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Newb in need of some tips on a uni project
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airkraft-NXT's Lego Mindstorms Forum :: Lego Mindstorms NXT :: Projects-
Jump to: